Thursday, January 19, 2012

Rakasta?

What do we think of the Rakasta? I was reminded of them while I was watching my kids play Skyrim, which has a race of cat people, although I never caught their name. If you all don't remember them, they were an anthropomorphic feline race introduced in the 1981 Expert Set module X1: The Isle of Dread. I actually had thought they were in the Expert book, but they weren't, I looked it up. I always had rather liked them as a species and thought it was kind of a shame they never made the jump over to AD&D. Anyway, they are pretty cool. They are nomadic cat people that ride Saber-Toothed Tigers, shall we introduce them to Garnia? I only ask because I was considering that they might be a playable race.

Apparently they got their own D&D module at some point, but they don't look as cool here as in the Isle of Dread illustration

No comments:

Post a Comment